Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 601 Diaphram replacement?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    601 Diaphram replacement?

    I have a nice single in a old cabinet I got recently. The tweeter is out and I can not find anywhere online to find a replacement for it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks y'all!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    601 Diaphram replacement?


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    I have a nice single in a old cabinet I got recently. The tweeter is out and I can not find anywhere online to find a replacement for it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks y'all!
    the diapram is a microphone element. i believe. from what i know the 601 comes with a "3000" tweeter. maybe someone here knows where to get it fixed.
    Sonic Barbarian

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    601 Diaphram replacement?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    I think at this point, no place. MicroMike labs used to repair them. But last I heard, owner Bill Hayes had a stroke and the business was for sale.

    Micro mike labs still in business? - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    601 Diaphram replacement?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    Yes Bill is now retired from Micro Mikes as Todd had announced awhile back due to his stroke.Was supposed to get an update but haven't heard anything back as of yet.His son Tim I think is handling Bill's business commitments now (Returning Customers Equipment)..And then there is supposed to be a determination on the rest of Bills parts inventory IIRC.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    Well dang..... looks like I am SOL then? Thanks for y'alls info!

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    601 Diaphram replacement?


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    1 Altec Lansing 601B Duplex Speaker w N 3000 E Dividing Network Awsome Sound | eBay this is your best bet

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Altec-Lansing-601B-Duplex-Speaker-w-N-3000-E-Dividing-Network-AWSOME-Sound-/141561662495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f5bb 8c1f this is your best bet
    Sonic Barbarian

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member 604man's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2009
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    Are you sure the tweeter is out??? could be the X over ?? Check DCR on the tweeter.
    If the tweeter is open , It could be broken VC leads from flexing over the years
    an easy fix....I have repaired phrams that had broken VC leads, Not hard to fix.
    ..............GC

    - - - Updated - - -

    Are you sure the tweeter is out??? could be the X over ?? Check DCR on the tweeter.
    If the tweeter is open , It could be broken VC leads from flexing over the years
    an easy fix....I have repaired phrams that had broken VC leads, Not hard to fix.
    ..............GC

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 601 Diaphram replacement?

    Hey 604man....

    You know where I could find a break down to get into the speaker and try to fix this VC for the tweeter. I measured and the tweeter was open, so I think the lead is shorted out/ broken.

    Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.